60" 30hp XR7 Demo

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Aug 24, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well what a machine is all i have to say. I used it on a hill that would be tough for a walk-behind and it just stuck there like it was nothing. The flex forks didnt do hardly anything to the cut on the hill. I didnt experiance anything out of the normal when going over bumps, as far as the deck dipping or gouging. THe 30hp Kohler is a beast of a motor. I didnt experiance hardly any rpm drop when i was going up and down big hills. The cut was great, it had the kit in it, and it did great. The only thing that i didnt like is that the height of cut is 1/2 inch off. If you want to cut at 4" then you would have to set it on 41/2". This is not the first one that i have demoed that did this either. I have demoed three of them and they have all been the same. And they were from different dealers, so of you put the spacer kit and all that in like i think i might to get some more lift then it would be even lower. Why is that. I dont think it is a dealer set up error because it was like that at other dealer ships too.
    All and all i will buy one in the spring... hopefully we can get the height figured out by then.

Dealer also told me that hustler is coming out with an OCDC in the spring... Is that right or is he feeding me a load of crap?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of us coming out with a OCDC, maybe your dealer has some source for them and he is talking about that? I don't know???.......
    Sounds like you had a great demo, the cutting height item is something that can be checked, tire pressure and deck adjustment come into play here, your dealer can double check it I am sure.

3. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

ok.. well i guess when i get mine in the spring or late winter i will make sure that they check and make sure that when it says 4" thats what it is cutting at.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

The hustler ztr will hold hills that it just shouldn't. We have a complex we cut that is almost all hills, some very steep. When its a nice day, not to wet/dry you can cut these hills that anyone who does not have a hustler super z just wouldn't believe. I was telling my other dealer and I could tell he was having a tough time believing heh. Its an incredible machine!

We also had a problem with the height, but I just set it where it needs to be (checked with a tape), I didn't adjust anything. A bit of a pain but its a one time deal, set it and forget it.

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, maybe I am the only one but what is a ocdc?

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Operator Controlled Discharge Chute

Here is a popular brand that people buy www.qwikchute.com

Pj

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Only thing I have to complain about with those larger motors are the fuel consumption rates...man oh man do they get real thirsty!

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

But with the speed comes efficiency which makes up for the extra fuel. Normally I would spend 2 hrs on 1 job , now with the Super Z I'm doing it in 1 1/2 hrs. Fuel prices have been dropping all around our state but not in my town yet....yeah.