60" bad boy riders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 93gmc, Jan 23, 2009.

1. yeayea14

yeayea14 LawnSite Member

I think i am going to buy the one that BB sells and see if it helps!

2. gladi8r

gladi8r LawnSite Member

We've got mostly Fescue and Kentucky Blue here in the Southern Illinois transitional zone, and the BB does a great job with it. I'll try to get some pics this spring. Grass should wake up around April 1st.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds good I'll be looking for those pictures!

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Obviously if their was issues with the BB ADS deck's quality of cut. it's been corrected. Best ZTR I have owned to date

We purchased our 72" ADS deck BB AOS Cat diesel in October of 2008 the grass was already going dormant. I will post picks this spring of several athletic fields, and large commercial accounts, pipe line right-of-way mowing, bush-hogging 6' tall grass:laugh:. The Bad Boy AOS diesel is amazing leaves a manicured level cut. I have no mulch baffel, only the ACS advance Chute system, the 35hp Cat diesel powders everything @ .66gal/hr:waving:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

My 60 Lightning will be here first week in March, I'll be sure to post pics of my yard this coming summer. I'm 100% KB with irrigation.......doesn't get much more lush than that. My goal is to have cut quality (and striping) like I do with my Gravely. After all my research I'm confident with the right combination and setup on the BB I'll have results like I do now :)

[​IMG]

6. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

dwost,I'm looking forward to your pictures.What engine are you getting?Are you going to mulch,side discharge or bag?The picture of your lawn are great.Good luck with your BB.

7. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, I'll definitely keep everyone updated as things progress. Here is the current setup to be delivered:
    -60"/26 LC Kawi.
    -ROPS
    -Accelerator catcher
    -mulch kit
    -hitch
    -couple sets of blades

I've got a set of Hella driving lights which I'll be adding and I'm in the process of building a stripe kit. I'm debating between chains or a fabbed "big league" style setup. I'm also going to add a powerchute. Still not sure if I'll build or buy but definitely want something powered. I'll mainly be discharging but will use the mulch/bag options when needed. More likely than not I'll run doubles as I do now and ensure a solid 1/4 deck pitch. I'm 99% certain I'll easily be able to maintain these same results with this mower. When I demo'd this last year I only engaged the blades for a couple passes and even early in the season was able to see a pattern. This was also cutting at 2" without any mods. Cutting at my norm of 3.5 - 4, with stripe kit and doubles should yield killer results. That's it for now, I'll snap some shots once it's here and also once I start cutting to show the results :)

8. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks,by the way nosparkplugs,great looking ZTR.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

10. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

PP the balance is perfect, yes their is a counterweight under the footrest plateform. Their is zero caster "shimmey" or "deathwobble" I have ran it down the asphalt street wide open straight tracking, no caster shimmey and the AOS diesel is fast:). Going to purchase either the Meg-Mo or Dixie chopper X-blade cutting system just for grins, and to see what the diesel can really do with 12 blades on the Meg-Mo Disk & knife system or 6 blades with the DC X-blade system can you say POWDER. The 4 banger 35hp Cat diesel is $900.00 more than the 3 banger 28hp Cat. So cost could be a factor I guess.