60" EXMARK w/ 1000 hours for $3000, is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim163, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I know a kid who wants to sell a 60" exmark with a little over a thousand hours for $3000, I can even get him down a little. Is a thousand hours alot on a mower (23 hp kawasaki), I have a smaller gravely 48" z with 36 hours. what would you rather have?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's probably about a right price if it's in good shape.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Joe, good price. Make sure you check it over real good including the spindles. If you don't know how to do it get a good mechanic to go over it for you.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Dang, mine only has 69 hours on it and it has the $2400 QDS dump from the seat bagger and I ran it in the paper for 6000 and every person acted like I was a crook so I quit running it! I had offers from 1500 to 2500 for it with 69 stinking hours! However, in your area that may be a good price but not here.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I sold a 60" Lazer with almost 2000 hours for $2800
    & also another 60" Lazer with 1600 hours for $3300
    It sound like a good deal...just check it out well.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The 23hp Kawi is not going to be any power house on that mower.
    Especially with 1,000 hours on it already.

The answer is NO, I would not give $3,000 for it unless this was my ONLY choice.

It's like quality said the way I see it. Call a few dealers and get a "ballpark" of what they would offer for it on trade.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

yea it's a good deal, but if you've got alot of volume, you'd better have a backup.

8. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

$3000.00 is a great deal if the machine is only a year or two old. 1000 hours is about one season's worth of running at 26 weeks 40 hours per week. Those machines are normally relatively trouble free until about 2000 hours, then you are looking at higher chances of hydro/engine problems. Make sure it's not hot! Ask for a copy of their sales receipt or call Exmark and check.

"Dang, mine only has 69 hours on it and it has the $2400 QDS dump from the seat bagger and I ran it in the paper for 6000 and every person acted like I was a crook so I quit running it! I had offers from 1500 to 2500 for it with 69 stinking hours! However, in your area that may be a good price but not here."

You were going to sell a machine that cost about 10,500 (after taxes) for $6000.00 after 2 weeks of cutting with it? I'll buy it if it's still for sale.

Just saw you're in Georgia, a bit of a drive.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's been known to happen before. The Dixie in my sig line was almost 9k. I know the history of it and where it was bought originally. I bought it used from the original owner with 29 hours on it for $4500.