1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

60" hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by The Yard Barber Inc., Sep 4, 2010.

1. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

I have a 60" hustler super Z with a 27 kohler. it has 650 hours on it and my third motor just blew about an hour ago. I have called a few places and around last week because it kept fowling out plugs and they gave me a price on i think a 26 kaw air cooled and another place gave me the same price on a 26 kaw liquid cooled. my question is, what is better? liquid cooled or air cooled
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Its a personal preference really.
    My experience and thoughts are to go with a air cooled engine, less expensive and simple to work on.

3. cbkc

cbkc LawnSite Member

Why have you blown so many engines on this mower?
  4. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be too mad to type if I was on third engine in 650 hrs.........

Brother you have more patience than I, Vaccum check your air filter canister and hose going to carb... Drain/flush your fuel tanks to rule out the machine as being cause for the failures.. Fuel filter too... A command Kohler should go 1500/2000 hrs. with even marginal/negleted maint. Something is F'ed up here...