60 inch lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ghunt, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ghunt

ghunt LawnSite Member

will 60 inch lazer with 25 hp kol or kaw be enough hp to mulch or dis

2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello ,long /short grass, dry/wet, every week mowed?
    In trying conditions a 25hp 0n a 60inch deck willnot be enough to maximise your profits.
    tomo:waving:

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

for discharging 25 hp is enought.... for mulching it will bog down quite a bit in the clover and winter grass... basically anything really thick but when grass is kept up from week to week you shouldnt have problems, especially with the Triton deck. the Triton deck helps out a lot in my opinion as far as ease of cut when in the thickest grass. when discharging the Triton can cut on average from 3/4 speed to full in almost any conditions including clover a foot high. also... as a piece of advise... i wouldnt recommend taking the mulch kit on and off repeatedly. it's not the simplest thing to install. what i'd do is discharge until the spring is in full swing to get all the winter grass out of the way then install the mulch kit... it leaves a beautiful cut when mulched.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've had a 23 and 27 hp lazer with the 60" deck. If you mow every week you should be ok but spring growth can be tough even with the 27 hp with the fescue. I don't think it would be as big a problem with Southern grasses. I would opt for more power if possible. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. But as Exmark told me years ago the 25 hp 60" deck was an industry standard for years before we all got so power hungry.

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

25's are strong, as long as its not too wet you should be ok, might have to slow some. 33hp briggs wont slow down, i guess its how much you want to spend

6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it will have enough power to cut the grass. Yes, you will always want more power-you're a man. Yes, you will wish you had bought the bigger motor. :angry:

7. gaither

gaither LawnSite Member

Tacoma-- Do you have 60 hp or fullsize.. I was just checking i have been shopping the HP and i did not think they came that large.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've always run full size. Big lawns here.