60 inch Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by CooperLawncare, Jun 5, 2002.

1. CooperLawncare

CooperLawncare LawnSite Member

I just purchased two new Exmarks and so far Im very happy. I purchased the new 60" Lazer Z EPS and a turf tracer HP ECS 36". My question is: Why does the walk behind stripe better than the Lazer?? and is there anything i can do to help the Lazer without spending 300 bucks on the striping kit??

Thanks in advance,
    Dustin

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dustin,

A couple of things you can do. First you can check the rake on your 36" and compare that to the rake on your 60". Playing with the rake on a Lazer will help with the striping ability but it will probably never be what it is no the 36". Keep in mind that the 36" probably is not traveling across the ground at the same rate of the Lazer. The 36" has a trailing shield already installed from the factory that acts in a similar fashion although not as well as the striping roller for the Lazer.

The other thing we see on occasion is yet another optical illusion. Because the pattern in so narrow on the 36" unit there are more stripes in the pattern and makes them easier to see. They may not always be more defined but with more line it's easier for your eye to pick up on the pattern.

In short if you really want to stripe and strip well..............the EZ striper is really the only way to go.

Look at it this way. If your customers like the stripe and you pick up one extra lawn this year because of it or you hold onto one job because of the quality of the work you do. The EZ striper will have been a great investment.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Terry
    Show Him some Of My Picture's.
    Johnny G.:cool: :cool:

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Johnny,

I'll need to work on it. I got a message stating the file was too large. I'll get with Chuck and see what we can do or if anybody is familiar with this process on the Lawnsite software drop me a note at terry.eckert@exmark.com

Thanks

Terry