1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

60" John Deere Z-Trac 925M vs. Scag Tiger Cat vs. Toro Z-Master 3000/5000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by QuickPuppy, Mar 15, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which 60" ZTR?

1. John Deere Z-Trac 920M

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Scag Tiger Cat

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. Toro Z-Master 3000

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Toro Z-Master 3000

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. QuickPuppy

QuickPuppy LawnSite Member

It does appear to be Bahia.

2. ohmaffew

ohmaffew LawnSite Member
    from NC

Hours and hours of online research lead me to scag. I originally was thinking the Cheetah because of the high speed but, learned than cutting at it's top speed was not practical. I got quotes from my local dealer for the Cheetah, then more research and then asked for a quote for a Tiger Cat. The dealer owner brought me a Tiger Cat to try out and I loved it. I'm at $9300 OTD.

3. QuickPuppy

Brought the Toro 5000 home today.

4. ohmaffew

ohmaffew LawnSite Member
    from NC

Haha, my Tiger Cat was delivered yesterday also. I hope the Toro does a great job for you. I'm happy with the Tiger Cat so far. The weather here has been crappy and the ground is soaked from all the rain/ice/snow. I could only drive it in the driveway yesterday. :(

5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck with Toro everyone i know who has one loves it. i dont think they get the credit they deserve

6. QuickPuppy

7. eltorohb

eltorohb LawnSite Member

Always been on toro but now have a scag cheetah and it's by fay a superior machine over toro. I don't care what people say but if your land is smooth and the grass isn't out of control you can cut a 16 mph I've done it . But i mostly cut in low duw to the ground being rough . I also chose scag due to the taper spindle bearings . Double frame rail and velocity deck is nice .

8. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

chevy vs ford toro gives a better cut on dry grass cuts blades up finer. the scag shoots out longer clippings and you can cut faster in the wet stuff. i own both. personally for me nothing beats a walker period.