60" lazer cutting low on turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hookset, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

My exmark cuts low when turning. I've tried everything from level the deck to adding air pressure. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. TnT

TnT LawnSite Member

I have the same problem with my 62" Toro Z.

TnT

3. Tire pressure...... Does the area around what you turn or go around higher or lower than the rest?

There was a thread a while back on the same issue.

If you go to fast around objects it will do this also.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Tire pressure s usually the culprit, just like LGF said. Also, make sure that your anti-scalp casters are set down far enough. They don't come that way.

5. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

what kind of grass are you cutting also? i have noticed that if you are cutting bermuda or something of that nature, it does it when ya turn but then again , like they said, does the ground slope change and how is ur air pressure? i despise cutting bermuda just for that reason

6. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

I cut mostly bermuda, it does the same to zoyia, I've up the air pressure. It still does it on level ground.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

It's no different than turning a corner with an automobile. That outside tire is always going to be weighted more, same with the mower. Doesn't matter how much air you put in the tire. You gotta keep your foot on the deck lever and raise it almost every turn, I do. I have to grease the fittings every day for my deck lever. It's a pain in the *****, but that seperates quality from ****. Give it a try.

8. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

Hookset, where in TN are you? Are you around me by chance? If you are we could get together and put our machines side by side and swap parts / tires if needed to identify what is the problem.

Al B

9. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Thanks Alan I Appreciate the offer. I'm in Selmer, its a little to far.

10. olfrt

olfrt LawnSite Member

I understand that your saying the deck scalps on one side during a turn and only during a turn?

I would agree that a tire is the cause. Have you checked the back tire pressure?

I'm sure they are not designed to do that. I've not seen it all this would be something new. All mowers shift weight when turning and they don't scalp.