60" Lazer Z Measurement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottmcherry, Feb 14, 2008.

1. scottmcherry

scottmcherry LawnSite Member

I'm Looking To Expand And Purchase 3 60" Lazer Z's With The Ultra-vac Systems. Does Anyone Know How Long That Unit Is With The Ultra-vac Attached? Exmarks Website Only Has The Measurement Specs For Only The Mower. I Need To Know How Big Of A Trailer To Buy To Line These Three Up!!

2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I can measure mine in the morning and give you a length. Already put everything up for the night. How big of a trailer are you thinking that it will take? You can pull the lazers under the UV so all you really need to do is add the length of the last UV to the length of the 3 lazers.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Also, both of you guys specify the bagged unit, or the QDS. they will be a bit different.

4. scottmcherry

scottmcherry LawnSite Member

I Am Thinking A 20' Enclosed Trailer, And The Ulra-vac Bagged Unit Not The Qds. Thanx For The Help--tryin To Get This Right Before Spring.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

If I remember right it is just under 10 ft. 9'8" is sicking in my head. I was looking into how many straps I needed to tie mine down on the DOT site. I measured it and remember being able to legally strap it down with one tie down cuz it is under 10 ft.

Not sure if the all models are the same length but the one I checked was my 07 XS.

I can get 2 lazers with bagging ultra vacs onto my 16ft trailer. I take the bags off and pull the second mower up tight to the first mower.

6. covalawn

covalawn LawnSite Member

You would be lucky to get 2 units into a 20' enclosed trailer. I have a 7'X16' enclosed and with the bagger attached I would guess it to be about 9-10'. The other problem is that with the 60" mine will not go into the trailer without taking the motor part off.(I lift it up lay it on the deck and strap it down). I still believe that even if you disassemble the units completely it will still be hard to do with a 20' trailer.

*Edit - After thinking about it I guess if you put the fronts under the bags it might fit if those are the only things in the trailer, thats a close call.

7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Does not matter take the bags off then pull them up right behind one another. so just measure the machines... 20 ft will handle that

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's just what I was thinking. Another quicky alternative idea might be, would be to use some straps and just carefully loop them under the center of the bags, and lift all 3 bags up and hook the straps at the top. This would keep the bags on, but they would quickly be pulled and kept out of the way for the other mower(s) to come forward.
    Thinking about this, it sure would be nice to have a nice brand new enclosed trailer filled up with 3 brand new Lazers, but I sure wouldn't want the debt. You're looking at 30 gand, EASY...and that's before even 1 trimmer or blower is purchased. That's a pretty substantial sized expansion! lol :)