60" Lesco problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIREMAN Q, Oct 4, 2007.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I am starting to notice some power loss from the Right side of the machine. I'm thinking its a pump issue. I have adjusted the handle bolts and the right arm is set to allow it to go further forward than the Left. The machine drifts to the right and I have limited to no power in reverse.

Any one have this problem or know where I should start

thanks

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Envy, this man wants to talk with you!

3. FIREMAN Q

still having this problem. It has been put away for the winter but I will be taking it out next week to get ready. Hoping to have a direction to go with before I send it to the $hop.

thanks

4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

60" Lesco ?

Even when you're done fixing your problem, you'll still have a problem.

5. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

It definitely sounds like it is either the pump or the wheel motor on that side. The first thing to check is your tow valve (bypass valve) on the pump. Make sure it didn't vibrate loose. When it does, it allows oil to leak across the pump and make it seem "weak". The next thing to check it make sure all of your hydraulic fittings are tight. If you are sucking air, it would cause this as well. Other than that, you need to take it to someone who can do a quick flow and pressure test on the pump to see whether it is the pump or the motor.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The problem is you have no clue what your talking about. The lesco Z2 is a Cub Commercial unit and they are heavy duty mowers built with top end parts. The hydro system is huge and runs super cool. You can stick your finger down in the hydro fluid and not get burned. The blade spindles are some of the best in the industry. The decks are a great design that cut good in all conditions. The frame is virtually indestructable.

Dual Hydro-Gear™ BDP-12 pumps & White® wheel motors

[​IMG]

7. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Fireman, I had this prob with one of my older cubs. I asume the pumps are under the machine right. The new cubs have the pumps up by the engine like in prostreetcamaros pic. Anyways to fix the problem I had to tighten the alen set screw that was on the pump arm , it would get loose on me often, but when it did I had little control on that side. Could not back up in most cases. Hope this helps. Dave

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. First thing to check. Make sure it isn't part way opened up. This is the dump valve to allow the machine to roll freely if ever needed.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

It could be a very sinple fix. Check that the idler arm that puts tension on the hydro drive belt, is moving freely and not seized up? Check to see that the spring that holds the idler assy. against the belt is not weak or broken. Check the hydro drive belt to see if it looks worn or is slipping.
    If the hydro drive belt is worn, or does not have proper tension, one or both of the pumps will not pump oil properly to the corresponding wheel motor. It can affect only one side, or both sides. The symptoms can be just as you described.

10. FIREMAN Q

thanks guys. I will be pulling the mowers out on tuesday. i will let you know what I find.