60" Or 52" Exmark Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomslawncare1, Nov 28, 2000.

1. Tomslawncare1

Tomslawncare1 LawnSite Member

I had pretty much decided to purchase a 60" Lazer Z W/ a 60 " deck and 27hp Kowi engin. I also wanted to test the Ultra vac. I've been asking my local dealer to get one I can demo. He was unable to get me the 60" But he was able to get hands on his reps. demo model. This is a 23hp Kowi Lazer HP with a 52 inch deck and it has the Ultra vac system on it. Holy cow does it work great. Now I'm not sure if I should go with the 52 or 60" decks. I have an enclosed trailer with an inner width of 72". If I went with the 60" deck I would have to take the vac off everytime I went to trailer it. I wouldn't have to do that with the 52". I'm ready, give me your input (good or bad) on which one you think I should get. I have about 25 accounts a week that I need to mow. Only 2 commercials the rest residential. Some good sized lawns. I'm affraid that if I go with a 60" that I won't be able to use it on smaller lawns. (The one's that take 20-30 min. with a walk behind).

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the lazer hp 52 in 23 kaw. and since the problems that were posted were fixed I think it is a great machine I use it for large and small jobs . The micro mulch system for cutting grass and when the leaves are not real thick also works real good!

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the 60". You can use is anywhere you could use the 52", with the exception of gated areas.
    How often are you going the use the ultra vac? $2,000 for the 60" Lazer. Thats a ton of money to pick up grass.

4. Premo Services

I have the ultra vac and I agree it is a lot of money but it sure makes the leaf season a whole lot easier and has made me a lot of extra money on the leaves.

[Edited by mow money on 11-29-2000 at 03:31 AM]

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What type of enclosed trailer do you have that has a 72" inside width. Most have a 78" width. The 102"ers are even wider inside. I would go with the 60" 27LC. It will be more money, however, as accuratelawn said, you can use a 60" everywhere a 52" goes, except a 53" gate. (which doesn't exist) The fullsize Lazers are faster, hold more fuel, more engine choices. If its not much more, go fullsize. Re-check your measurements on your trailer, as they seem small. Also how often are you going to be bagging? Just for leaves? Or all season long?

Good Luck

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get the 60"

7. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If you can make the 60 work go with it,I have the 52 w/ultra vac,23 hp kaw and love it.I use the vac just for cleans and this spring will use it for thatch removal after de-thatching.Sometimes I wish I went with the 60 on my bigger lots,but the 52 is still very fast and saved me a ton of time................................................ Mow Money...I did have some problems with the ultra vac at first,but I think it was an install problem at the dealer.Did you remove the stud that holds the cover on the right side {vac side}next to the idler pully...This stud serves no use when vac.is used,only holds the cover on when using side dicharge.This stud caused me to go though a few belts....we removed it and it seems fine now.JOHN

8. Premo Services

jrblawncare:
    Is that the bolt next to the idler pulley? The ultra vac tore up a belt in a very few hours and I took back to dealer to get a new one and they gave me a new belt, if this is the bolt I am thinking of I will take it off. THANKS

9. valhalla

valhalla LawnSite Member

I went with the 60" deck and the 22h.p. kawi L.c. Rather than getting the ultra vac, consider the micro mulch kit for your deck. I've not found a reason to bag grass or leaves since I got mine...Brian Mason

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Brian,
    Im doing the same thing with my Lazer Z LC 22 hp with the mulch kit. Its awesome NO BAGGING