1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

60" or 72"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Catos, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

My dealer talked me out of buying a gas 72" 27hp lazer Z. He told me that they would be just like the disel 72" 31hp type, by which they both would bogg down on thick grass. But he does not have any available which I could demo, and he said that he could not get a 72" demo in a gas model. I was wondering if any of you guys knew about the 72" gas models of exmark and how much of time comparasion is there between the gas 60" 27hp and the 72" 27hp. Thanks
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. The 31 hp does offer noticeably more power than the 27's. We sell a lot of 27 hp 72's and get very good comments on them, however in a horsepower contest the 31 is the clear winner.

Also consider that the diesel and the 31 both have a higher ground speed, larger pumps, larger wheel motors, beefier frame, larger fuel capacity, suspension seat and larger drive tires.

The 31 however is probably an 03 model and would not have some of the new for 04 features.