60" Super Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by We do 4 U, Aug 4, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

Is the 60" Super walk Behind out yet?. If so what is the msrp, spec's and trim cap.?
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We had initially planned on building a 60" 27hp Kohler Super Walk Behind, but due to lack of dealer and end user interest we have decided to not build the unit.

Later
    Pj

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

The 54" super WB is only 6” smaller than a 60”. After 20 passes on a lawn you’re only talking another 2 passes that a 54 would have to make to equal the 60”. Also, the 54 really gets into a lot of places that the 60” would not. I’ve been very happy with my 54” and if a WB is what you are looking for, I’d demo the 54” and decide for yourself.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

How about a super walk with a 72" deck (same deck as the super Z) and the sit down sulky standard? I like having the deck out in front of me where ai can see it better. This would be great for open areas.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks!!!!! I wanted a 60" swb or 2. My helper also wanted one as well. We are using 52'' machines right now and want to go to a bigger deck with better controls. Now it looks like we might be able to get a bigger deck but without the best controls. (exmark here we come) :( :(
    We're using Ferris machines now that don't have a floating deck and by the end of the day -long days our hands are sore. we went and looked at the 54' hustler and liked it alot. But I just can't see buying a new machine that won't cut my mowing time down.
    Joel
    PS- please reconsider " Make it and they will come." I'll take 2

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The President of Hustler Turf Equipment reads these posts everyday, and he is very interested in making what end users want.
    If there are any changes in this matter I will let you know.

Pj

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

The hustler SWB's are the only Wb's out there that can actually cut at 10 mph (I'm using doubles). Also, no other WB's have 20 inch diameter 10 wide tires (as on the SWB) that are as big as the some ZTR's, which is the only way you can cut that fast.
    I believe you really won't miss those 6", which actually is only about 5", since the 54 is almost 55.
    Next, if you add together the H bar steering, compared to any other WB the SWB will more than make up for a small loss in mowing width. I'd demo an SWB with a bullrider and see for yourself. You won't have sore hands, that's for sure..............

8. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

switchless- what engine do you have on your swb? 25 hp kaw? Hows the gas usage? Any fixes to the clumping problems with the decks yet? The grass is starting to take way to long to dry up now up here in new hampshire. I will have to go and see if I can demo a mach. How many problems have you had with yours- closest dealer is 1hr-1.5 hr away one way :(
    HUSTLER really needs to get some dealers closer than central mass. Thanks Joel

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have just signed a distributor for New England, you will have a dealer closer to you by spring.
    We are open to any dealer suggestions you may have also.
    Please E-mail them to me @ hustlerturfequipment@msn.com

Later
    Pj