60 Super Z Demo 100 Hrs 28 Efi $ 7000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Jun 21, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Is that a good deal with a full warranty and how good are the 28 Kolhler EFI,I heard the early ones had some problems ? Lately I have had my fair share of problems with a 25 Kohler and a 13 so I am just asking THANKS!

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it's a good deal, and Kohler has been relliable for most. Sorry about your problem with them but most of us havn't had problems.

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i take it your talking about a hustler... if it is make sure you ask the dealer if it has the newer gear drive. we had a 72' 27 kawi l.c. with the older gear drive system - what a nightmere but hustler made very good on it!

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

that is a real good deal. I got a demo with 50 hours on it with the 27 kohler for 6900 2005 model. jump on it.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it's a good deal. You'll love the 28EFI. That's what I have on my new Super Z 28/60. No choke, smoother running, instant responce and the best part is the phenominal gas mileage. My olkd Super Z had the 27/52 Kohler and the new 28EFI puts it to shame.

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

I believe it does not have the new XR 7 deck. That deck was especially designrd for Florida according to a person I talked to ?

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a great price. I've never used the older deck, but it's still a $10K mower....So, $3K off for 100hrs of break-in already done for you!

The 28EFI never had any known issues....it's older cousin, the 26EFI did have some teething problems on it's initial year. Yes, 25hp Kohlers had their share of problems during different years.

AINTNOFUN,

There is no gear drive on a 28EFI. They only used gear drives on the 27hp LC Kawi. All other engines (other than the Diesel) use a vertical shaft.

8. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

I can get a xr 7 with a 27 HP Kohler or the 28 EFI Kohler without the XR 7 both are demo take your pick for 7000 $ The XR 7 is suppossed to be better for Bahaia which is FL pasture grass tough as nails stuff you have to cut it twice when tall. Which one would be the way to go? THANKS!

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Talk to Ed (mowerman90) he's had both decks I believe, and operates in FL.

I hear nothing but praise about the ZR-7, but never heard too much negative about the older deck.

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the XR7 deck if you mow a lot of Bahia. It should blaze through it without leaving any stringers standing. I mow 99.5% Floratam and have always mulched. I found that the older style deck has just a slight edge over the Xr7 when it comes to mulching. No matter which deck you choose, make sure to get the Fusion blades. They last and hold an edge forever.