60" Super Z doubles question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ScCo, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I did a search and read most everything I could think of to ask on running doubles on the Super Z. But I still have one question that I did not find the answer to, so I wanted to see what those of you who have experience with doubles on the super z would have to say.

My super z does not have blade saddles. It is just the blade then the washer, then the bolt. To run the doubles with the bobcat highlifts, would I want one set of offset highlifts, and one set of standard highlifts?

Also, at one point when I went to pick up a set of blades for the super z the dealer gave me a set that had too small of a bolt hole, which of course I had to exchange. My assumption is that these were for the machines that have blade saddles.

Which makes my next question: Do the bobcat highlifts have the right sized bolt hole for me to run them doubled on my machine?

Thanks for the time and input. Hopefully I didn't ask redundant questions that have already been answered in previous posts several times.

ScCo

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Bobcat blades as doubles on my 27/60 Super Z. The blades need to be 21" long with a 5/8 center hole (same as Hustler). I do not use a blade saddle or longer bolt. I use a speed square to make sure the are at a 90 degree angle and then impact them on.