60" Z - need new blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Sep 8, 2003.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone recomend a blade replacement and arrangment. Should I go to a double blade setup, or stick to the stock Hustler blades? This Michigan newbie needs help.

2. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Unless your having trouble with the blades that on it, why change?

3. gps_jetskier

Weeeelll....I simply thought there might be something better is all. Before I spent $$$ I thought I'd check for others advise. Sorry to waste bandwidth I guess.......

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

from time to time i use 21" bobcat blades on my 60" superz, i can get them at a pretty good price from lesco. they are not as wide ans the stock hustlers but the same length and hole size 5/8.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have a set of aftermarkets that the dealer gave me when I bought my Super 60". I'll run by the shop later and see if I can determine what they are. They cut well though.

6. gps_jetskier

I read about gators. They are the toothed ones correct? Is that something that would be better?

Thanks for the help.

GPS_JETSKIER

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, I still have not figured out for sure, but I think they are Bobcat blades. They have "3402" stamped on them. There is another bigger number, but I think this is the one with some significance. May be a Rotary number?

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried many aftermarket blades and always fell it cuts better with factory!!!

9. gps_jetskier

Thanks. Guess I'll stick with what I got.