600 Fliers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CuttinUP, Apr 28, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I have passed out 600 fliers in the last 3 days and not a single call!! I know that you don't get alot of response from fliers. Any suggestions? :help: :help: :help: :dizzy:

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Not from just 600 you won't get much response. We print them and mail them by the THOUSANDS just to get 10-20 new clients each year. Also you need to make sure that you target the correct demograhics for this business. In other words don't waste your time putting them out or mailing them to "blue collar" households as you will get much less response from those than you will say up Middle Class White Colar areas.

3. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

If you have a way to post your flyer, we can offer some advice.

Dennis

4. CuttinUP

I have been tageting areas in the $300,000 and up home range. When I was in this neighbor hood the other day passing out fliers, I passed by another one man LCO that was getting his trimmer off the truck and I stopped and asked if he had any extra work to pass on to me, joking. He laughed and said, "No, I don't have enough for myself yet." We talked about this neighbor hood a bit and then he said, "Well I do have one I'll give you. I don't feel like foolen with this lady, she stopped me the other day and said she needed some one to take care of the lawn but she needed them to come in the mourning time because she went to work at 2 P.M. So I called the lady and went by to give her an estimate. It's not in the upper class neighbor hood that I met the guy in, but down the road 5 minutes. The yard is at the end of a cort so it's not that big I got it for $25 @week. I was going to charge her a little extra this time because she showed me a pile of leaves that she wanted me to mulch up and it was grown up in some places, But I didn't and she ended up giving me $50 bucks this time. I need to send that one man LCO a 12-pack!!!

5. memow

memow LawnSite Member

I hear ya brother. I am having a hard time finding work here in Nashville. Although I haven't networked with many other LCO's. I did a mailer of 300 using my newspaper route list in a middle upper-class neighborhood. I got one response. Didn't want to schedule. Wants to call when ready. Charged him $50.00 because it's big and the grass was so long. I see the lawn every night and believe me it's ready. Most of the jobs I have gotten have been cold calls. Long grass and I'm knocking on your door. I hate to whine only three weeks in although I have started late. But I hate trying to get the jobs. Its a full time job in itself. I now see why some people buy account's. I would if someone would finance them. We all need lawn broker's. I 'd pay a percentage. I just want to frickin mow man. People that I have talked to which is few say not to worry. It just takes time. Word of mouth and such. First year,etc. Don't get me wrong. I love it from gate down to gate up. But if I borrow any more money from my brother I gonna end up being more of an employ than a brother. Good luck to ya man.

6. CuttinUP

I am just going to keep hitten it, passing them out. Went and ordered magnetic signs today. Hopefully the phone will start ringing.lol
    Thanks for the support!!!

7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Cuttin UP. From prior posts on here, 1000 flyers/doorhangers will net 1 to 3 customers. Best bet is to post yours here, make sure it is effective, and keep hanging.

8. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Cuttin UP. From prior posts on here, 1000 flyers/doorhangers will net 1 to 3 customers. Best bet is to post yours here, make sure it is effective, and keep hanging.

9. CuttinUP

Here is the flyer. :confused:

flier1.jpg

10. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks OK to me, I would say keep passing more out. If I was you I would spend the bulk of my time advertising till I got enough work to keep me busy.