$600 yazoo.. a pile?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SLR, May 15, 2008.

1. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Found this for sale locally today,think i'd be the fool of the day catch considering this old looking monster?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    For sale:
    YAZOO Master Mower, has a 22hp Wisconsin Engine, 60" front mount deck, Zero-turn, hydrostatic transmission, needs some minor work but works well, was running when parked last fall....put gas in it, boost it, and go mowing! Have sold our porperty, it must go, take it away! Extra blades, belts, misc parts included.

Yz3.JPG

2. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a lot of people around here running those old machines. Most are retired from years of commercial use and will serve as homeowner mowers for a long time. I just serviced one last night and that guy is looking for another. For the record, thats not a hydro transmission and not a 22 hp engine.

Scott

3. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Leaf JockeyWrote:"thats not a hydro transmission and not a 22 hp engine.

I was thinking one cly@22hp was off. How can you tell it's not a hydro,i just lost all interest finding that out!THX!

4. RECESSION PROOF MOWING

RECESSION PROOF MOWING LawnSite Senior Member

Stay away from that antique. More trouble than it's worth.

5. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

(SLR rips up Yazoo Ph# to start fireplace in his chilly Canadian house)

6. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

I know its not a hydro because my first job out of high school was as a mechanic for a yazoo dealer. That lasted about twenty years so I know a whole lot about something that just doesn't matter :) There is a strong following for these old machines but don't consider it for anything more than once a week homeowner use.

Scott