6000 sq ft interlock driveway!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Hardscaping, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ok i am pricing a driveway that measure as follows!

The striaght on the driveway will be going 135 feet in and 30 feet wide for 40 feet of it and only 22 feet wide for the remaining 95 feet! Now there is a half circle they want. basically the half circle will have a driveway width of 22 feet! The circle will have a indisde radius of approx 30 feet! and then out side radius of 55 feet!

I am not sure how to figure the sq footage here for this! Can someone give me direction.

Also remember the half circle will be merged with the striaght!

I am using stratford interlock made by hanson concrete products!

2. Hardscaping

price of interlock per square ft is 2.05 cad!

I am thinking of a 10 inch deep base?

what is the rate of compaction on type a gravel! basicaly need to know for the amount of a gravel needed! I am thinking of 1 inch of sand for the setting bed! which type of sand is the best for drainage! only reason for questions is this house is in high end of town and want to make sure i am covering my bases!

I am thinking that i will be using masons sand for the joints and then put a sealer over top! any other suggestions?

When screeding the sand How much area should i cover each time i do it?

My estimat is going to be on 6450 sq ft! let me know if i am wrong here?

3. Hardscaping

any direction to help me out here?

4. Hardscaping

any direction to help me out here?

I am thinking of using a vibra roll ride on roller 3000 lb for compacting the base material any thoughts on this?

or i was going to use a 700 pound reversable plate tamper (maybe the vibra roll be better or should i use the tamper?) i was thinking the plate tamper for the walkways!

I am thinking a price in and around 39000 to supply and install this driveway there is total 6700 sq ft i am figuring including the two walkways!

that is a woping $5.82 a foot

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

with your obvious limited experience you have no business attempting a 6K sqft driveway.......

sorry, but that job is NOT one to get your feet wet with..
    you will be doing your customer a great injustice.

6. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

to find the square footage of a circle use Pi(3.14) x radius(1/2 dia) squared

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

If you know its so cheap, why are you bidding that? Where in ON are you? How can you do your base prep and install pavers for under 8-10/sf and turn a profit? Personally, I'd bid 70k+

8. Hardscaping

The total cost of this job is $24000 dollars without my pay and insurance!

This total includes all other labour and expenses!

also includes all taxes to pay on everything i need for the job!

So pricing it at $39000 i do think i can turn a profit! If i am missing something here let me know!

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I figure you have about $25 k in material before any excavation, placement, compaction, and labour. You are way, way too low here. $5.00 a Sq Ft is far from a whopping price tag, more like your costs. You should be in the 8-10 range on this job to make the money it deserves. Good luck, but reality is a paving company would come in and lay that in two days, be done in 3 including excavation and charge even less than what your thinking and make more money than you'll ever dream of on that job at your proposed price.

10. Hardscaping

This is a brand new house not much excavating to be done! the job will run me 25000 including excavating! I do agree that a actual full out paving company could come in and do it alot quick therefore making more money then me!

The costs of the job include the following!
    Amount of A gravel needed 18.5 yards per inch of (uncompacted) A gravel

will need base of 8 inches compacted, so I will need 200 yards of A gravel price of a gravel with delivery is

$2440 dollars plus taxes total $2757.20

The interlock brick cost for 6700 sq ft is $13,735.00 plus taxes total is $15,520.55

The cost of edging for the product to be installed. 63 pieces of edging at 8’ lengths cost of $12.45\pc and total without tax is $784.35 and the total with tax is $886.32

will need 19 yards of concrete sand cost of $384.00 plus taxes total is $433.92

Rental of vibra roll 3000lb vibrating roller or 700 lb reversable tamper for base material for one week cost of

$600.00 plus taxes total of $678.00 including tax plus delivery or rental of trailer to deliver myself!

buy or rent a 10 inch tub saw! Can buy for 299.99 from princess auto!

Rental of a 19 inch plate tamper for finished sanding and tamping!

Sand for filling joints $200.00

Sealer $200 (guess)

$45.00 per day. Rental two days $90.00 plus taxes is $101.7

Rental of skid steer for two days $550.00

removal of what is in place $500.00

Will take 7 days with me and two other guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.