600k to 1 million. what equipment?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Oct 19, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

What equipment would be good to service 600k to 1 million. A pg, tank, or lesco hps? I want to grow my business. so keep that in mind.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'd say a pickup with spray unit (you can never go wrong with this), plus a push spreader (I like Spyker the best). I'm guessing the 600k is per round, so when your Company grows, then think about spending money for a ride-on. Bottom line: you know your market, and as your business grows, you can always add a ride-on. Profit & quality of application are what matters. Wish you the best.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Depends on the size of your lawns!

I started with a 3 point sprayer and a push spreader. After I had about 40 accounts (can't remember the sq ft. exactly but was probably around 20-30 acres total) I bought a PG.

Best money I ever spent!

I would cough it up, up front and hopefully you will be able to take advantage of a good deal this winter or spring (hopefully some money off and 0%).

Once I bought my machine it allowed me to grow much quicker and get more done in a day (especially without being so tired).

Good Luck!

4. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

yeah, I've heard not to buy a ride on until you have 2 million, but I have about 750,000 s.f. right now, a couple big ones, it's nice to spread dry and liquid at the same time.

5. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Get a z spray. If you get one the jobs will come. I work for a company with them and I ended up buying a used one for my side work.