60in Hustler Super Z with 25hp Kawi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TiredOfWalking, Sep 7, 2004.

1. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me an idea of what I could expect to pay for a 2 year old 60 inch Super Z with a 25hp Kawi and with about 100 hours on it?

Also, any pointers on what to look for when inspecting the machine would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

100 hours isn't a lot of hours, but still enough to have some damage if the person running it didn't know what they were doing :dizzy: A good deal new would be around 7,895.00 for that unit. I would probably give him 5,000.00 if everything checked out ok, i.e. spindles were good, new blades, maintenance records were in order, you could ask the dealer were the guy bought it if a lot of warranty repair has been done to the unit. Look, hour meters can be unplugged/unhooked. Half the hour meters I look at are disconnected. I'm not saying this is the case with this particular lawn mower, however, take a look at it close. Maybe tire wear, etc, could tell you something about the hours. If it is showroom, 5000.00, if not 3750.00. I know some people are going to think that is too low and some too high. A new engine is around 1,500 to 2,000.00 If the engine goes out because they never changed the oil you are going to be stuck. Offer him a price that will allow for a big repair bill and still not have too much into it! Just my 2 cents :waving:

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There really should not be anything wrong with only 100 hrs. on the mower.
    I would want to know that it was stored inside if so the physical appearance of the machine should be excellent. Look at the belt,check for any oil leaks,check under deck for blade or spindle problems and look at the paint real close there was some problems with their paint process at that time. Take the mower and cut with it so you can listen for any unusual sounds and see how the machine handles and operates. From my experience with this mower you probably want leave without it. I would say around $6500 without the suspension seat and $6800 if it has one. Anything a person buys is what he is willing to pay for it.