1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

60K account. How far would you travel?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Parched1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Parched1

Parched1 LawnSite Member

How far would you travel for an account that is worth $60K per year, that pays in a timely manner, would generate about a twenty percent margin and is willing to sign a two year contract. This is pretty much wide oprn mowing and some trimming around an office building, and by our estimate would take 4-5 guys one day each week to maintain.

Give me your thoughts.
  2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Will you be paying your guys travel one way both ways no travel pay...figure all this out and your profit goal for the job and don't forget everything else fuel ins, ect...I think the anwser is going to very from company to company..but I would'nt travel any farther than 1 hour maybe 1 1/2 hour
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My service area has clearly defined limits, so no further than for anyone else.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

1 hour tops
  5. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

How far is this job? How many trucks are you sending? (2) How many acres? I know of a job that will be taking bids this spring about 1.5 hours from Cincy that is very large, if you want to pm me I will tell you about it.
  6. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

for 60k you name the place! I will get up at 3:00am if I have to.
  7. Cheapscapes

Cheapscapes LawnSite Member

is that just for lawn care or do you need to do snow removal as well?
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Probably an hour.
  9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Why the heck are you on Lawnsite at 1:30AM! My wife would kill me. HAHAHA Oh back to the topic! For me I wouldn't go much past 30-45 minutes out of the way. Then again I'm a solo operation so it is a bit of a apples to oranges comparison.
  10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Oh and as far as I go is 20-25 minutes out from the last lawn.