60X60 front yard:turf and shrubs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Oct 21, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

GPM=12
    psi @ the backflow= 50 lbs

What would you all do?

Out here on the ye olde cape cod we would prob use pgp's with 1.5 nozzles on the half and 3 gpm nozzles in the middle..

obviously were not talking crazy shrub beds...Lets say, shrub beds by the house and a 10X10 in the dead smack middle.

Don't be a jerk and get to techky.

CSR

2. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you throwing into the corners, or using 1/4 turns located in the corners?

3. melior quam pluvia

melior quam pluvia LawnSite Member
    from U.S.

I'd use mini rotors like the Hunter PGJ or the same for less $$$....the K-Rain Mini Pro.

4. Something tells me CSR isn't going to like your suggestion. Welcome to the site by the way.

5. WalkGood

Yo, "Better than rain" (aka melior quam pluvia)...... are you a regular who is trolling to bait Rotar?

6. What if Rotar is trying to bait himself?

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

(waiting for Pluvia to recommend Shrubblers)

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

A lot will depend on local custom and hydrozones. You may need a separate zone for the house shrub bed depending on plantings and whether or not they'd block the spray that you're attempting to get to the turf. Personally I'd set up a separate zone for it.

If you're going to have a shrub bed in the center of the turf area... again... it will depend on plantings and whether or not they can handle overhead watering and the amount of water to be applied to the turf.

Rotators, mini-rotors and mid-rotors can fit in with all the nozzle choices you have depending on how you want to proceed.

9. WalkGood

Well, I hope he doesn't upload a video showing THAT! :dizzy: :nono:

My gut guess is Ed wouldn't make a pseudo name in Latin. Hmmmmm.... have YOU had any blackout periods of time?

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. Depending on the plant types in the center bed, you may consider extending the shrub zone to that area assuming similar growing conditions with the other beds.