61 " Ferris Rider 2006-- How much is it worth? Dumping my dealer because of service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michael13, Jul 21, 2007.

1. michael13

michael13 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I own a 2006 Ferris Rider that has about 500 hours on it. I want to sell it and unsure about the value. I paid roughly 8500.00 for it. It has a 25hp liquid cooled Kawy. The machine has given me a few problems already. But the main problem is the service I am getting, or should I say not getting from the place I purchased the mower. They ALWAYS take too long and there is very rarely a loner to use. They always have some snide comment and treat me like they are doing me a favor working on my equipment. This machine is under warrranty and they have the b---- to charge me extra for "cleaner and solvents" I am sick and tired-- going back to Scag line again. I have scags, Ferris and Hustler, and Scags have treated me the best. But the service is the straw that broke the camel's back.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

w/ 500 hours, you'll probably get around 5 for it.

3. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

michael13 where do you live in ct?

4. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

5. michael13

from CT

I live in the Farmington valley. How bout you?

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Worth about $5500 I'd say

7. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

i live in milford

i go to knights inc in orange and they are great.
    i don't know how long a ride it is but it is worth it
    if something breaks you bring it to them and they take care of it in one day

the sell scags and i have never had any problems with them. I walk in and they half of the people know me by name.

what store did you go too?

8. grassface

grassface LawnSite Member

man i feel your pain i live in southern ind. and the dealer i purchased my ferris from is the same way. i really like the mower it is a tank but i am going to switch brands . i couldn't get away with (and wouldn't dream of trying to) treating my customers the way they treat me and expect to keep them. i honestly do not know how they stay in business. maybe they just treat me this way

9. michael13

from CT

I go to the place in Farmington that deals with Ferris. The problem with the place is that the service and the sales operation are two separate entities. There seeems to be little of checks and balances between the two. Milford is a long way away, but I have a Scag dealer about twenty minutes away.

10. MWMOWING

MWMOWING LawnSite Member

I've been considering a Ferris IS4500Z, reading the trials and tribulations of the dealer's service kind of has me concerned.

Do you Ferris owners see a big difference with the four-wheel suspension system? I currently have a Tank M-60, a couple of my properties beat the
    'p' outta me.

Is Ferris worth the bucks?