61 inch zero turn Options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris 3100 32 hp briggs 61" deck tripple bagger

OR

Scag

Turf tiger 35 briggs 61" deck tripple bagger

productivity maint. and over operating cost those factors only which do you pick and why?

I own a ferris already but not sure if it is the best for me overall!

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well you sound already hesitant about the Ferris, so why not go with the Scag? Productivity wise they should be close. The extra HP on the scag wouldn't hurt, and the Velocity decks do well in taller wet stuff if you ever have to mow that kind of stuff.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I like the scag but that ferris machine should be at least $1000 cheaper.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd go with the Ferris and a clamshell type collection system Drew. I have 2 on our 3000's and another one on a 4000. They hold like around 11 bushels. Just pull up to an area to dump, pull a lever, bump the joy sticks a little foward to getting the stuff out and away ya go.

Screw that getting off the machine a gazillion times to unload.

5. mow guy

mow guy LawnSite Member

I'm happy with my 30hp 3100. Running doubles and so far it's cutting great.

6. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

having used both companies machines, I will say that the ferris is really a nice riding machine. I feel that it is a tough machine. I lke the scag better though. Not a day has gone by yet that Im not impressed with the velocity plus deck. In lush grass, in weedy lots, doesnt matter. The scag does ride like a mack truck. Nothing a suspension seat cant fix:hammerhead:

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Me, I would go with the scag over coarse that could be that I know what the Scags' will do and will not do and I am very well pleased with the Scag

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I like Scag but have heard good things about the Ferris, especially the ride.

9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

rod what do you dump on to a tarp then flip it in to the truck

10. JoshC

JoshC LawnSite Member

I love both of my Ferris mowers. So far I have not been able to bog down my 3100. I'll probably get the clamshell dump for it this fall for leaves. I've heard it's a really nice setup.