61" Scag Advantage WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron's Lawn Care, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Aaron's Lawn Care

Aaron's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about this mower? Is it a good deal? Anyone have any experience with this particular model? I have a 61" 1998 Scag WB already but this one would be a nice improvement over mine. And then I could sell my current one to get a few bucks back on it. He's right around the corner from me so I was considering buying this. I'm looking for info about the quality of cut and reliability, not about the size. I know some people don't like 61" mowers but they work well for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/02-Scag-Advanta...itemZ7774192664QQcategoryZ71272QQcmdZViewItem

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

looks like a decent deal IMO

3. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

If the hours are correct on it, then it is almost a new machine. Heck I've put 300 hours on my scag this year already. Try and buy that mower new today and you will pay $7000 for it. You can alway pull that deck off and put a 52" on it.

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks in tip top shape.If 300 is the true amount of operating hours and the unit is sound mechanically, that is good deal.Since the guy is in your neck of the woods,at least you can kick the tires, and eyeball it over.