1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

61" Scag Turf Tiger 1040HRS $3200

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CJCuttingEdge, Jan 30, 2011.

1. CJCuttingEdge

CJCuttingEdge LawnSite Member
    from USA

Im only selling my 61" Scag Turf Tiger so cheap so I can come up with enough money down to buy a 2010 48" Walker MTGHS

Mower is in Excelent Condition
    Tires are good
    Deck is solid
    1040 Hours
    Well Maint.

716-877-0935[​IMG]

IF photo doesnt show give me your email i will send pics

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. RECESSION PROOF MOWING

RECESSION PROOF MOWING LawnSite Senior Member

I sell equipment, that Turf Tiger is selling way too cheap. Never made sense to me when guys said, "I'm selling cheap because...". ????? You need to sell anything for the price it can get on the open market, regardless of what you want to buy next. Makes sense, doesn't it? Sure. That mower should be selling for no less than $4500 anywhere in America. I could get that without even putting out effort.

3. CJCuttingEdge

from USA

I could sell it for $4500 in the spring no problem but i need the cash no so i can get last years model Walker MTGHS .... $3200 makes for a decent down payment

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

wow, cheap. what motor?

5. CJCuttingEdge

from USA

27HP Liquid Cooled Kawasaki

6. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

If you were only closer...

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

still, why cheat yourself of any money, start higher and then you can negotiate. you have no room now and could have gotten more in the same effort.

8. CJCuttingEdge

from USA

Simple: I dont like to beat around the bush, the mower has made me enough money where I dont look at it as a loss "getting rid of it so cheap"... also I expect to sell it to the first person who looks at it. Time is money and if I list it at $4300 id have to show it to 5 people who all want to haggle me about the price, thats a waste of my time....

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would never undersell a name brand mower unless I didn't have the money to put food on the table. Delay the purchase or finance it.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I do the same thing. Its so much easier when your priced at the bottom of the mrkt. Quick sale is worth $$ over drawn out PITA sale