61" Scag

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NCass31, Aug 9, 2007.

1. NCass31

NCass31 LawnSite Member

I've been looking for a new walk behind, and I came across an older, but rebuilt 61" Scag...the guy wants to get rid of it and told me $750... he just put on a new starter, so hes thinking he wants more now. I am going to house tommorow to take closer look..what do you guys think? 61" is pretty big, only have one or two accounts that would really speed up with this, it is too big for a couple others, but i think with the time I save on the big ones, i can pick up a couple more.. just looking for some input. thanks

2. NCass31

NCass31 LawnSite Member

No thoughts at all on this one?

3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I can't tell you much about the mower, but I would get a 48 in. walk behind. It will be able to fit in a lot of places that the 61 won't be able to. Now that's just my opinion. But it really depends on how big the properties are? Do you have any pics of the mower. I could probably help you out a little more if you had some pics. Try taking some tomorrow. But from what you said, I wouldn't go higher than $750 for it if it's older. Maybe not even more than 500$? But I really don't know without seeing it, sorry.