61" Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfsolutions, May 16, 2007.

1. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 52" Wright Stander and think it is the quickest and best handling mower I have ever used. I was thinking of purchasing a 61 inch Wright Stander to use with my current one and use my rider for leaves and as a back up only. My questions are to any current owners of a 61inch Stander (w/quick height adjustment only please) and Sentar.

Any drawbacks to the Stander?

When you stand on the Sentar, does the seat get in your way or bother you after awhile?

For those who have used both, which one would you purchase?

Any other info would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

IMO I would get another 52 as the blades will be the same, I demoed the Sentar and the sport and the seat was in my way if I was standing and the controls are alot lower than the Stander I have a 36 Rapid height and it it awesome just have to watch the height adjustment if you hit a bump hard it can jump up to a higher cut"I put a quick pin over and under to stop it " but aside from that its great

3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

They don't make a 61" rapid height....52 is the widest and that only comes in a 19hp.

4. umbach

umbach LawnSite Member

I run a 48 Wright Stander with 24 horse Kohler Command Engine. The mower has plenty of power and feels unstoppable in tall grass...too bad the cutting heighth adjustment is manual. Its great for me because it is so compact.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, if you are not solo, another 52" stander is probably a good choice.

If you are solo and you are looking for a production increase, it is probably time for a 60" or larger sit-down ZTR. (Wright has those now too)

I'm just not a fan of anything else from Wright in the way of a stand-on machine larger than 52".

I for one was in love with the IDEA of the Sentar.
    And I still think they are cool machines.

But plainly put, they are a compromise to me.
    Although you can choose to sit or stand, the Sentar isn't really ideal for either.

It's not as comfortable and natural when standing as the Stander.
    The controls are about family jewel level during standing...
    And it's not like a sit-down rider when sitting.

[​IMG]

6. Envy Lawn Service

I want to demo this machine by the way (Wright Z).

7. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have the new Wright z mower? If so, what do you think.

8. Envy Lawn Service

I think you would be the first around here... LOL.

I've been waiting to read about someone trying or buying one.

9. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

I have the Sentar 36" It's easy to take the seat off which I did because I feel more productive standing. I also have a 52". I feel the 52" with a 19hp is under powered. I would get a 23 Hp next time. As far as the 60" be sure it would fit in the trailer if enclosed that could be a problem. Love the Wright machines though. Would like to get a better quality cut though.

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I owned a 61" with the 23 hp Kawi. I had consistent problems with clumping even in the best conditions..... I traded down to a 52" and am much happier....