62" mower good deal or not

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ffemtlawnboy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ffemtlawnboy

ffemtlawnboy LawnSite Member

i just got a line on a ztr 62" 27hp toro. now from my understanding it is used of course but in still usable condition for $750. what do y'all think?? i'm going to look at it first thing tomorrow morning and see how it looks and runs. after that i will post more. hopefully it will be a good buy and at least carry me thru this season to set me up for a new one next year and move to being at the least a reserve piece then. please let me know what your thoughts are and some particular things i need to be looking at.

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

thats awful cheap, the machine is most likely in pretty rough shape, I wouldnt personally rely on a $750 ztr unless it was immaculate. Just my opinion. Make sure you check the important stuff like the hydros, motor and for any cracks in the frame or deck. also look for signs of extensive welding.

3. ffemtlawnboy

i've met the guy a couple of times and he is pretty good friends with some of the guys i work with. he was a one man op and got out of the biz and from what i'm told he was big on taking care of his investments, so tomorrow morning when i go check it out i will take a couple of pix and post 'em up

4. ffemtlawnboy

alright boys and girls the verdict is in.....the mower is in much better shape than i had anticipated. got there to check it out this morning and aside from being used. it ran great and drove like a champ. working right now with the owner to hammer out specifics but should have by the end of the week. once i figure how to post a pic i will