6'5 and needing a backpack blower- help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigshow825, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bigshow825

bigshow825 LawnSite Member

I'm 6'5 and am looking to but my first backpack blower and am wondering if anybody here is my heighth and has had the same issues but solved their problem, any help or suggestions would be great, also the nearest dealer is bout 45 min away, so to save a trip or two i;m posting this, again thanks for your input.

2. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

I'm 6'4" and have a Stihl br600 with no complaints. What kind of problems are you having?

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm 6'5" and use the shindaiwa 630 with no problems.

4. bigshow825

bigshow825 LawnSite Member

not realy a problem i guess, just wondered how the packs would fit my size, ive got wide shoulders, thanks for your input

5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

i'm 6'4" and have a echo 610, no problems at all

6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 6'4" and have both Br600 and Redmax 7001. No problems with either. Height is not really a problem they all have adjustable back straps.

7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 6-4 and have the Redmax 8000. If you want the baddest get the Redmax!:weightlifter:

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If you are taller, the RedMax 8001 will fit you best probably because it too is tall.

Despite the weight, I find it to be more comfortable... and here's why...

You know how when you put a backpack on your back now... know how the farthest bottom part of the backrest is up on your back a bit?... Know how the blowers sorta feel like they want roll off your back top first?

Well on me, this doesn't happen with the 8001 because it is taller and rests against me down further... so the bottom rests right along the belt line and it comes equipped with a waist belt.

So it doesn't feel like it wants to lean away from me at the top and fall off me all the time like the others do.

It has plenty of tube length also if you want to use it... and there are additional tube accessories you can get.

Past that, the only others I can think of with any sort of "plus feature" for a tall guy would be a Robin backpack or a Solo. So you could look at those too.