$65. Bill to replace one Spray Head ??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by reb12, Nov 14, 2007.

1. reb12

reb12 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Florida

Need I say more?

[/ATTACH]

Cnv0076.jpg

Cnv0077.jpg

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

should of charged more.

3. Ditto......

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

damn straight bubba

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

we charge 65 $ when its just a pgp swap....

If i have to work >Straight to labor and materials, with a minium of 45$ 1 hr.

so that would be about 85-100$ depending on if the customer was nice or not.

6. reb12

reb12 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Florida

Actually I got $65 for labor and $7.00 for a new 4" toro w/nozzle. Thank God for sawsalls!!! Had to cut around this baby twice as the roots came from a gumbo limbo tree about 30' away and locked onto the head. I'm on an island 5 by 7 miles so trip cost are tiny. My normal service call charge is $65.00 up to 1 hour plus parts. This job used every bit of it.

7. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

I got charged $75 to replace a single head. This is when I learned to do it myself. There really isn't much to it.

Worst part is that the head didn't even sit right so I had to fix it. It also wasn't adjusted properly so I had to buy a tool to adjust it. They did at least use the same RB 5000 as the rest of the system.

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad you chose to downgrade the head!

9. However there really is much cost to running your own business....

10. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

I didn't say if this was a bad price or not. I'm just saying this is what I got charged so, if anything, the poster was probably undercharging.

I think it is probably more of an inconvenience for these guys that run their own business to have to come out just to replace a head. I'm sure the majority of the $75 was just a charge for fuel/ time to get to the job.

I have to say I was a bit ticked when it wasn't done correctly. This is why I learned to do it myself.