65 Flats of Begonias....

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ToddS, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

What would your price be for the install? What is your price per flat for installation ? Thanks

ToddS

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

you should be able to buy flats for 7-10 dollars wholesale. price the job between 1200-1600 depending on what you get thew flats for. use a bulb auger an electric drill or cordless drill .Its quick an with some help you could plant them all in 4 hours or less !! see ya george

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We Charge 45 Dollars Per Flat.

4. baddboygeorge

Thats Fine For One Or 2 But On 65 Flats Someone Would Laugh At $2,925 Bid For Annuals. He Is Only Gonna Have About 500- 700 In Materials An If He Can Make 800- 1000 In 4 Hours That Cake Money!! Have Fun Enjoy An Work Hard See Ya George

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with you George. 2-3 times his cost would be just fine with me, seeing no more time than he'll have in it.

Where can I get this bulb auger? I must admit, I do only a few annuals but when I do, it's usually over 100 at a time. That sounds like an outstanding tool for the job.:)

6. baddboygeorge

home depot has them about 10 bucks attach it to a cordless drill an get busy .I do annuals with them , bulbs , all types of ground cover . they are great . have fun see ya george

7. lawnspecialties

Thanks George. I'll be there this week.:)

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone else have a calculator? 65 flats In 4 hours no way, even with Jose. That is 4.33 plants per minute if they are 4" plants and not jumbo packs. You are not burying marbles, you cant just drop then in a hole a cover them up. Do you want them to live too? Maybe some soil amendments and grading. This does not even allow for getting them to the job and disposing of debris. If it costs 3-k for the flowers thats what it costs, the numbers don't lie. Lay down the bong and get out the calculator, numbers are your friend.

9. lawnspecialties

What an az.

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

What because I can add.