$650 at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeneakers04, Aug 13, 2004.

1. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

If you were planning "The Big Startup" for next season, and had $650 to spend at Home Depot (yuck, I know), what would you buy? I have a 21" Toro, and the Echo 210 already. I am returning something that I bought over 30 days ago, and I can only get store credit now. Homedepot.com will tell all that they carry there. Thanks, guys!:alien:

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd stock up on supplies. They carry some spark plugs, two-cycle oil and stuff like that. I know $650 is a lot for supplies, but you'll probably use it all next year.

3. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Supplies is a very good idea. I was thinking of things like an ECHO hedge trimmer, edger, backpack bloewr, etc. For a startup, I know these are "light commercial" but would a couple of these work well for me for a while?

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say go for it on the Echo hedge trimmers. And I'd grab a bunch of suplies..

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i've been in business for 6 years, and use the 210 trimmer everyday. its my second one, and i plan on buying another. they also have the 1500 hedge trimmer for $200 heav duty unit. think they also have an echo back packblower, but i don't know the price.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would say stock up on hand tools; rakes, shovels, pruners, etc

7. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

I got my echo pb 403 at HD and no complaints (well very few) so far. $300
    save the rest for a chainsaw or hedge trimmers, maybe other supplies as needed...
    Norm

8. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

Depends on what YOU need. 650 is much to do anything with.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would buy some painting and window washing equipment and consider myself that much farther ahead.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would get a back pack blower and start getting ready for some work this fall with leaf removal, rakes and a tarp or two and some 2 cycle oil and supplies . Maybe you can get the investment back and more this year and have more $$$$$ for the spring