66 triton Hydro problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by 427 BB, Sep 5, 2007.

1. 427 BB

427 BB LawnSite Member
    from florida

I took my rider in to get a leaking hydro line repaired last Monday . It had a bad swivel joint was leaking a quart of oil per day Mobil 1 oil is not cheap . The machine is only two months old . I get a call from the shop yesterday telling me that the hoses they ordered will not be in until th 17th of sept . But you can still use it just keep checking the oil level. I said to him are you going to give me a gallon of Mobil 1 to keep it filled up until the part comes in . He did not have anything to say . This dealers service dept sucks ! There is no reason i should have to wait 3 weeks to get a part on a brand new machine . This is my 3rd mower from exmark I also have 2-60 " turf tracers . I think that this is B!!! S!!! !!!!!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

427 BB,

I'm sorry to hear that your Exmark isn't operating as it should. I've forwarded you problem on to our Customer Service Reps and I should have a response soon. If you would like to call our Customer Service, the number is 1-800-667-5296.

Thanks,
    Casey

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

what happened to the 24 hour next day air or it's free program?

oh, here it is.. seems the program went defunct in 2002. wonder why?

EXMARK PARTS PLUSsm PROGRAM
    EFFECTIVE DATES SEPTEMBER 1, 2001 THROUGH AUGUST 31, 2002

PROGRAM

If your Exmark dealer does not have the Exmark part in stock, Exmark will get the parts to the dealer the next business day or the part will be FREE* wwwww Guaranteed!!!

HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS

1) If dealer does not have part in stock for a “down” unit at the time of request by customer, the dealer contacts his distributor by 1:00 p.m., local time, and requests Exmark Parts Plussm shipment of six (6) line items or less.

2) Distributor ships part(s) to dealer or customer, as requested by dealer, same day, overnight UPS. Distributor bills dealer for part and freight charges where applicable.

3) If distributor does not have the part(s) in stock to satisfy Exmark Parts Plussm order, he contacts Exmark by 3:00 p.m., central standard time, with an Exmark Parts Plussm order of six (6) line items or less.

4) If order is received by 3:00 p.m. central time, Exmark ships the part(s) direct to dealer or customer, as requested by distributor, same day, overnight UPS. Exmark bills the distributor for parts and shipping charges, where applicable.

5) The customer pays for the part and freight if it is shipped under the Exmark Parts Plussm Program, and if it arrives in accordance to the program.

6) Who pays for the part and freight if it fails to arrive overnight in accordance to the program?
    A. Under any circumstances the customer does not pay!
    B. If the part does not arrive overnight due to:
    1. The dealer not submitting the Exmark Parts Plussm order to his Exmark
    distributor by 1:00 p.m., the dealer pays for the part and freight.

2. The distributor being unable to ship the part the same day or not submitting the Exmark Parts Plussm order to Exmark by 3:00 p.m., central time, the Distributor pays for the part and freight.

EXMARK PARTS PLUSSM PROGRAM (CON’T)

6) B. If the part does not arrive overnight due to: (con’t)

3. Exmark being unable to ship the part and the Exmark parts order is received by 3:00 p.m., central time, Exmark pays for the part and freight.

4. If the part does not arrive overnight due to the shipper (UPS), the shipper pays for the freight and Exmark pays for the part.

Exmark Parts Plussm is only available in the 48 contiguous United States.

* The following restrictions apply -- The Exmark Parts Plussm Program is available only through participating Exmark dealers and applies only to orders submitted on this program Monday through Thursday. UPS has initiated a Saturday delivery program to many areas of the continental United States and can be requested for an overnight shipment on Friday to be delivered Saturday. The next day air charge plus the Saturday delivery fee will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Exmark Mfg. Co., Inc. does not guarantee Saturday delivery as overnight or free. To qualify, all Exmark Parts Plussm orders must be received by Exmark by 3:00 p.m., central time. Orders must be six (6) line items or less. Exclusions from the Exmark Parts Plussm program are: Any wholegood or accessory in its entirety, engines and engine replacement parts, Eaton transaxles, hydraulic pumps, hydrostatic wheel motors, cutter decks and engine decks or any part exceeding United Parcel Service (UPS) size and weight restriction.

Due to UPS restrictions, aerosol spray paint is considered a hazardous material and cannot be shipped via UPS Next Day Air or Second Day Air.

Exmark Mfg. Co., Inc. stocks a limited supply of parts for transaxles, pumps and wheel motors. These parts can be ordered for Next Day Air shipment but will not be guaranteed per the Parts Plussm Program.

4. eXmark

427BB

Your absolutely right, that is way too long to wait for that part. Hopefully you have contacted one of us here and we've gotten that part expedited to you. If you haven't please do so immediately and we can get this straightened out.

Here's what I typically find out when I hear a situation like this... The service person at the dealer tells the parts guy he needs part xyz on say a Thursday. Dealer's typically have a set day for 'stocking orders', so in this case it might be Wed (parts person doesn't realize it's a rush deal)...Then the distributors scheduled stocking order day to us is on Tuesday, so now the order has taken two weeks without ever even getting to us.

Our distributors and us do have drop ship capabilities to greatly reduce this time lag as long as the customer lets the dealer know, and the dealer let's the distributor know that it's a down unit issue (and I would say a leaking hydro is a down unit). This means that even by ground we can have that part to almost anywhere in 3 days.

As Mike stated there is the PartsPlus Program available...no Mike, it's not defunct it's still live and well. The dates you're looking at are the effective dates for that year...in case there is some change in the program from year to year.

The Parts Plus Program(PP) works like this...if you have a down unit, and the dealer doesn't have the part in stock you, the customer can request it PP. This means it will come Next Day Air (NDA) from the distributor if they have it or NDA air from our warehouse if they don't. If the part is not there the next day, it and the freight are free.

There are some things to keep in mind, the customer is responsible for the added freight charge (can be cheap compared to 3 days having a unit down), and they have to ask for it to be PP, dealers won't just automatically do this.

There are some exclusions...mainly things that are too heavy or too bulky for UPS to ship NDA. Also if your region doesn't have NDA, obvioulsy we can't ship it NDA. Hydraulic components (pumps, motors, transaxles) are not guaranteed, but I can't think of a single time in my 10 years here that we wouldn't have had the part. In addition we have to receive the order by 3pm CST, so it probably needs to be ordered at the dealer by early afternoon.

With all that said...If you haven't called us already, please do so immediately!

Thanks,
    Lenny

5. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

427BB
    Do as Lenny says. All you have to do is call Exmark. They will and I mean will take care of your problem. You'll be up and running in no time. Exmark took care of me when I had a problem with a dealer about a repair. Just call and talk to Exmark.

BENTLEY'S

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

glad to know that program is still in place. that document was a little misleading, made it sound valid during those dates only, but that was the only place i could find it on the website when i did the search. hopefully someone got the part ordered and out NDA.

7. eXmark

Bentley's,

I couldn't agree with you more! Technical service related questions are not easily answered w/ this medium. Small nagging issues w/ equipment that don't need an immediate fix can be solved here on Lawnsite, but if a customer has a urgent/serious problem, their best bet is to simply call us.