66" XR-7 Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnspecialties, May 5, 2007.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 66" XR-7 SuperZ. Are there any other blade options besides the standard "long edge" blade it came with? I'd prefer a "gator" blade since I get a cleaner discharge out my 60" deck with those blades vs. the long edged blades.:)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hustler Z/Super Z 66 XR-7 side discharge 798496 (stock Fusion blade)
    Hustler Z/Super Z 66 XR-7 mulching 798504 (wavy mulching blade)
    Hustler Z/Super Z 66 XR-7 Gator 798512 (Gator Blade)

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Please explain, you get a cleaner discharge from Gator's than Fusion, for what reason would you think. I use Fusion's on my 66" deck and mow 15 mph a large percentage of the time. I am having a hard time understanding a cleaner discharge, does this occur when it is wet or dry?

4. lawnspecialties

With the long edged fusions, the clippings are far longer and show up more than with gators. I should have been a little clearer on the "cleaner discharge" since both cut with minimal clumping in dry conditions.

But I can be pretty picky and so can some my "high-end" customers. Clippings from my 66" that are twice as long as my 60" clippings give it almost a "bush-hogged" look. The gator clippings almost disappear into the turf while the long 66" clippings lay there looking like I just cut 4" off the top.

The fusions are good blades but if I can do even better, why not?:)

5. lawnspecialties

My dealer (a fairly big Hustler dealer) says these blades "haven't been made yet". Supposedly, they don't exist in their parts directory. Any ideas?:confused:

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They do exist, they are a fairly new part #, as of 2 months ago.
    Your dealer needs to ask his distributor about them and see what the stock is.

Pj

7. glho1

glho1 LawnSite Member

Great advice...thank you. I just got a set of Gator blades for my 66" Hustler and you are correct. The Bahia clippings are much smaller with these new blades.