1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

66" XR7/w26HP LC

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by SULLY1, Jun 10, 2006.

1. SULLY1

SULLY1 LawnSite Member

Anyone Have Any Feedback On The 26hp Kaw. Liquidcooled W/ 66" Xr7, Good Or Bad?
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would say that combination would be bad unless you mow twice a week. We have a Ferris 61" cut machine with that engine and its slightly underpowered in normal grass but when your just going along and hit a patch of tall grass it really bogs and doesn't recover very well. It is pretty fuel efficient compared to an air cooled engine but if we could do it over we would have gotten the 27 hp Kohler. You may want to demo one first because it may be just fine on a Hustler. The design of the mower has a lot to do with how the engine performs on it.
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I feel assured the Kawasaki is an excellent engine but I think with the 66" XR-7 deck which I have you would be better suited with more power. I have the 28 efi and it has done an excellent job for me with a large fuel savings over the 27's I've owned. I have owned a 25 hp Kawasaki on a Super Z before and they seem to be a touch more tempermental than the Kohler's I've owned and the power with the efi is excellent in comparison.