1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

.68 apiece For color copies

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HarryD, Mar 9, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

man I about fell over when this gal told me that it was going to cost me over $350.00 dollars for 500 color copies of my flier.

I laughed and said ill print my own thank you. I know what you are saying replacement color & black cartridges are a arm and a leg. bought a set while I was there $57.00 without tax. well I printed out 100 and used one color cartridge. I'm thinking to myself man this is going to cost me a ton to do myself.

did some research last night and found these 2 sites I'm sure there are more. I ordered the color and black kits for my print cartridges. I will post my findings and how well this works when I receive my order.

2. Waukesha-Landscape

Waukesha-Landscape LawnSite Member

I Used to own a printing company, but I still kept my color copier... My average price on color copies was $0.19 each, but I base everything on coverage (how much does ea copy cost me). Unlike all the other printing companies out there who just have a flat rate... Email me if your interested...

- Henry
  3. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I printed 500 with one double cartridge($54) and the thing is not used up yet....
  4. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

Damn dude, go to ebay and do a search for ink jet cartridges.
    I pay about $4 for black and $6 for color........................ I buy 3 or 4 of each and it's $50.
  5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Shop around for a good print shop locally, i found one printer that has a real printing press and he does it at 1/5 the cost of anyone else I have found in town. Kinkos actually takes alot of their color to him.
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

My flier has alot of color in it . did a search on ebay all I see is epson. I have a high dollar HP photo printer. going to try refilling my own and see how that goes first.
  7. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I have had little luck refilling hp cartridges. They fill ok, but last less than half as long.
  8. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on what you are doing, quality paper can make a difference in appearance. Get some real bright white stuff. Set the printer to draft mode. That saves a ton of ink. Draft mode may not look good with some pictures or graphics though.

I checked out color cartridges for my HP 895cxi on carrotink.com. By the time I payed shipping I could get a double pak of the real deal from Staples for the same money.
  9. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

i use an hp 932 printer. I can get about 400 pages to a color cart. and 800 to a black. So, color cart 32.00 times 2 = 64.00 plus 28 dollars for a black = 92.00 per 800 flyers. total cost per page, 11.5 cents.

This will all depend upon the flyer you are printing. Mine has alot of color in it. You can see it in another post of mine if you wanna search.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've been doing this for years. I'll but 5 or 6 at a time.