1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

6hrs and deck fell off..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by beaubob, Jul 9, 2004.

1. beaubob

beaubob LawnSite Member

Haha, sounds worse than it is I guess. I have found out that the deck on my new 25/60 Super Z is held on by a 5 cent C-Clip. The one on the left rear came off somehow while mowing. There is a 90deg arm that holds the deck chain and the C-Clip holds the arm to the threaded rod that helps support the deck. It should be just a trip to the hardware store to fix it, but kind of bothers me that it came off. I guess I won't bother calling the dealer. Anybody out there ever have this happen?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please do call the dealer.
    E-mail me the model and serial # also.
    I will inform our tech guys and find the reason behind it.
    This is the first I have heard of this happening and we have used this design for over 4 years.

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I made it about 15 hours before I noticed that one of the chain bolts was nearly off, and two were loose. I wondered why the deck was bouncing around. Then the deck was not level. Other then that and the torching of grass it has been outstanding.

4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Happened to our Super Z as well with over 700 hours on it. We replaced it with a snap ring instead of an e clip and haven't had trouble since.
  5. snsisk

snsisk LawnSite Member

I had something similar happen to my FastraK with about 10 hrs on it last summer. One of the bolts holding the deck in front fell out.