6x10 Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Enzo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Hello Everybody,

I am shopping around for a trailer and I found a brand new 08 enclosed trailer 6x10 for $3480. The floor is 3/4" wood and the sides have 3/8" wood where I can mount weed wackers and blowers. The trailer company here in CT also sells the mounts for the weed wacker and blowers, but I am going to see if they can throw that in since I would be spending alot of money for an enclosed trailer. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Why are you getting such a small trailer?

3. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

I dont really have enough money for a larger one. I also need to buy a new backpack blower and other equipment. I also have only 2 walk behinds so I dont need a larger trailer.

4. Raven386

from CT

I was just wondering.... good luck with it! I just cannot bring myself to spend so much money for a trailer,it would be nice having a workbench and shelves. Where did you end up getting the trailer from? What kind of racks do they carry?

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

dont buy something too small... buy a used one til you can save up some more money to get the size you need. For years I used a 6x12 and it sometimes got cramped up. Finance part of it if need be but dont buy something thats not up to the task or is undersized.

6. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

This is looking to be a good size trailer for me. I have two walk behinds that can easily fit with plently of more room. I have 2 weed wackers and a blower as well. I have my typical hand tools as well. With all of this in there, there is still plenty of room for me. The trailer also has lighting and plenty of ventilation in it as well. The place I went to didnt have any used trailers. I am still looking around though. I also went to lowes and saw a 6x12 for almost $2998 I think it was.

7. Raven386

from CT

Theres a place in Bridgeport on Main St that sells trailers..I dont know where in CT you are but I can try and find the name for you..

8. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

ok that sounds cool. yeah if you can get the name that would be great. The trailer at Lowes is made by Carry On its a 6x12 like i said for 2998. Does anyone think it would be any good? I am also looking at Pace American from CT Trailers in Bolton, CY. They got a 6x 12 trailer for around 3800. I need peoples opinions before I go and buy something I would regret later on. The trailers I was looking at seem to be very good for landscaping and other work as well.

9. Raven386

from CT

well I have a carry-on open trailer. and the welds on the gates broke and while driving, the gates fell down. so yea, i dont like Carry-on lol. I dont think I will be out that way today, but if I am I will get the name & number for you. The ford dealer in Milford I think its Steven's sells trailers, or was selling them... you can call them too.

10. Raven386

from CT