6x12 Enclosed trailer pricing

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey there. In March i plan on going to Pennsylvania to buy a Haulmark 6x12 Enclosed trailer. A few dealers gave me prices of 2710.00 and 2695.00. These prices include the additional electric brakes that i wanted on there (about 215.00 extra) Is this a reasonable price for this trailer? Its max payload is around 2,000lbs. It has a swing down door in the back and a small door on the side. Is this what i'm suppose to pay for this size and type of trailer?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

was looking for an enclosed 6 x 12 for a few months now. that is a high price! espcially to travel. a local NJ Home Depot can match that for cheaper i believe, especially with the swing doors.
    you look on ebay? that's where i got mine in NJ. 6 x 12 enclosed with ramp, side door, 1 year old, $2100.

3. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, i looked on ebay.. thats where i got the prices.. i wanted the door that comes down in the back (not the barn doors). I don't think that Homedepot sells Haulmark Trailers. Do they? The place in pennsylvania is only 2 hours from my house. Its not a big deal to pick it up..

4. fga

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

3150 for my 6x 12 haulmark side door back ramp inside lights cargo package

6. Petr51488

from NJ

Im buying from one of these guys. The base price is 2495.00 pluss the extra 215.00 for the electric brakes that i want on them comes out to around 2710.00 This is exactly what im getting. They have about 4 sellers on ebay with brand new trailers. They all have the same prices. So.. i guess theres no way out..

7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Price sounds good to me. The trailers at Home Depot blow, you feel like you will fall through the floor just walking in them.

8. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, thats what i had in mind too. I would rather buy them from Haulmark with the 3 year warranty.

9. fga

they seemed sturdy to me, just the luan walls. i believe most 6 x 12 will have luan walls though, i could be wrong.

yeah i guess that's a ball park price, with the electric brakes. But i wuld still look for one used, like a year old, and get a better deal. but that's me. alot of guys on here offered me excellent deals on 6 x 12 enclosed trailers. really nice new-like condition, starting around $1800. they were just alittle too far from me to be cost effective. did you post in the eqiupment forum?

10. fga

home depot carries "Pace Trailers", from what i've seen, they're a reputable brand.