6x12 or 6x14?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TONTAGE, Apr 11, 2010.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I don't think you can get a ZTR rider w/ bagger and a 48"w/b on a 6x12. I had a 36 proline w/b and my 60" Lesco and it barely fit without a bagger.

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I have a few trailers. The first trailer I ever bought was a 7' x12' single axle. I still have it. It will fit a 52" scag tiger cub with bagging system and a 48" bobcat walk behind along with a 21" push mower. It is a little wider than most trailers but I bet you can fit that on a 6x12 too.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

that being said...that trailer is useful for some things but I certainly wouldn't be able to function without bigger trailers. I have a 6x18 with all trimmer and blower racks, gas can holders. That trailer is a great mowing trailer.

4. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

i hear ya.my dealer suggested no smaller than a 16 footer.i sold my WB and not sure if ill be replacing it with another WB.

5. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

make sure it has breaks, you will be happy about that purchase later

6. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

not sure if it's available for this trailer as it's a single axle.i know if i jumped up to a double axle it would come with them.

7. petroskie

its an option, right now i have a 6x14' with a 5,200lbs axle with breaks i added this axle after i bought the trailer with out breaks and i wouldnt go back saves alot of stress on the truck breaks

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Its brakes! Breaks is what happens when you don't have brakes. LOL

I could get the walk behind and 60" on the trailer it was just really tight I mean the ztr was rammed up the walk behinds butt. I have no problems with the Wright stander and I can fit two and the 60" on a 6x12 with room to spare.

9. petroskie

clearly handling my toddler and spelling correctly are not my strong suit. thanks for the lesson unknowfl!