6x12 single axle Enclosed Utility Trailers $1500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pbrad, Jan 26, 2009.

1. pbrad

pbrad LawnSite Member

ok should i buy one or not dont have the money but curently im useing a snowmoile trailer. I have 2 toro proline belt drive walkbehinds 2 srm 210 weed wackers a pe100 edger echo and 2 hand held shred and vacs echo and a echo??? backpack blower and a stihl curved shaft brush cutter i got about 800 in the bank i drive a 1998 ford ranger with 160,000 on it should i buy the trailer or ? save in the long run for new mowers ect truck?

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Your prices may be different here, but that is not a good price for our market. Here a 6x10 with ramp, brand new should go for $1,200 or less.

There are a couple of companies here that sell them w/o decking or lights. You have to put a light kit on ($20-30) and whatever decking you want, but a 6x10 like that is about $6-700.

3. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

$6-700 for a new enclosed trailer??

pbrad-
    Where can you get these trailers? What brand?

4. pbrad

pbrad LawnSite Member

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Ooops.... sorry, I was talking/thinking of open trailers. $1,500 is a very good price for an enclosed trailer that size, assuming it is legit.

6. pbrad

pbrad LawnSite Member

Do you think
    i should get it take a loan or what?

7. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

How is the trailer going to help you in this stage of your business? I'm no financial advisor but if you need to take a loan for a $1500 trailer then maybe it's not a good idea right now.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I'd wait a while. And that trailer looks like its only worth $1100 maybe.

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't get the enclosed one for a ranger. My opinion. I'd save the money. Around here you can get a new 6x12 open trailer for about a grand. I think you'll like that. Unless you need to store your equipment in it, but heck if some one want's your stuff they'll take the whole thing anyways

10. pbrad

pbrad LawnSite Member

kkkk thanks for your guys input im going to save for a new truck and trailer