6x12 trailer big enough?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by flyingdutch16, Aug 13, 2012.

1. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,

Im thinking about buying an exmark lazer 60 inch and a Exmark TT 60 inch and was wondering if they would fit on a 6x12 trailer? Or should i got with a different size?

2. bshustack

bshustack LawnSite Member

For two 60inch mowers I would go with a bigger trailer then 6x12 and I would think about a dual axles. Just my thoughts.

3. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

suggestion to which size? I have no idea what kind of trailer sizes there are, still getting used to the inches and feet as supposed to centimeters and meters

4. bshustack

bshustack LawnSite Member

I would look into getting something like a 7x16 that way you should have more front to back room to put walk behind mowers on with no probl..might be a little tight on the side to side tho. I'm not really sure if there is a 7 1/2wide trailer i know there's a 8x14 and 8x16 what is the length and width of the mowers?

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I used to have a 6x12 with my 60" Lazer, and 36 WB and 21. It was pretty crowded, I couldn't fit my 60 and 48 riders on that trailer either. You could get a 6, 6.5 or 7x14 foot trailer that is either single axle or tandem. You can't get anything over 7 feet wide in most cases. There is a legal limit for the overall width of a trailer.

To get a trailer over 7 feet, it needs to be an enclosed, mine is 8 feet, you can always get 8.5 (which is the legal limit). The only open trailers that are over 7 feet are deckovers, where the deck is over top of the axles. There are custom trailers too where it is 7 feet between the axles and it extends before and after the axles to 8 or 8.5.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would say a 7x14 for you sir, dual axle. Possibly a 7x16 if you want to expand or plan on running a bag unit on your rider.

7. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I think weight would be your biggest issue...with a single axle that is...

8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go 14" or 16" even better don't forget to look at the dump's:waving:

9. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Take it to your dealer with the Tt and ask to see if thell fit
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

7x16 my 7x12 is tight with ZTR walk behind and a 21 also.