6x14 or 6.5x16 trailer purchase coming up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnchoice, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to be getting one of the trailers in the subject line this spring. This will be an addition to the one I have already. Really meant for the addional w/b and Walker.

Who has what model of these and why did you purchase it? What was the cost? Guys and girls from New England, where did you buy it?

2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have looked at Agway and their trailers are pretty inexpensive and they have many different types for cheap $$$

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know the prices up there, but there is a company here that sells custom fabricated 6'4" X 16 trailers for $ 1040.00, and 6'10" X 18, w' full diamond plate floor, dual axles, dual brakes and slide in ramps for $ 1975.00 :D

4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i've got a 7 x 16 its way to small for me, biggest mistake i have made so far.

5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 7x16 made of tube with a dove tail and trimmer trap racks. It also has a side gate. We paid $1700 for it last year from Lone Wolf trailers. We are out of room on our trailer, our next purchase will most likely be a box truck. If you are planning on hauling a walker and walkbehind a trailer with side gate would be great. You could load the walkbehind on the side gate and put the walker behind it, so you would not have to unload a mover mowers around. You need to check our www.BigTex.com there trailers are more expensive put a built the best.

6. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

7x14, us cargo, enclosed, ramp gate, side door. 5k.
    Did the open trailer thing too long. Keeps elements away from equipt. if you dont put it in the building after work, like rain and thieves. Nothing falls of either

thanks
    Rick

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I like the 6.5x16... easy enough to move around, and the added 2 feet really help...

Oh, and im selling mine for $800. so if your interested let me know.

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure that this is the correct site for the trailers but I do know the ones you are talking about. Every Big Tex trailer I've seen looks VERY well built. I have a 6.5 x 14 Trailmaster and it is VERY well built also.

I'd recommend the biggest trailer your truck will properly and safely haul as long as you need the space.

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the help.

It's www.bigtextrailers.com .

I think I am going to head to CT and check them out from the guy that I have purchased my other trailers from. The Big Tex has many different offerings and will probably end up with the 16fter. Storage isn't an issue for me as I have plenty of room for all my equipment indoors. No need for the enclosed.

I am figuring right around 2000-2400 for the 16fter. Pequea is another one that I looked at the other day. They seemed very well built as well.

10. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i agree buy the biggest Trailer u can.. u can always use more room.. i have and 8 x 20 and im already about out of room.. lol. spend good own your equipment. so many guys by cheap stuff. you can always write the stuff anyways. just dont over spend and get into debt. most businesses fail because of to much debt. it is balance. only u know what u can afford.