7-11 Called

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UtahGrassBust, Feb 1, 2008.

1. UtahGrassBust

UtahGrassBust LawnSite Member

Hey Guys
    I need some commercial bidding suggestions.

Since they called me should I charge more,
    the place should only take an hour with 2 guys on 36's.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I would do a regular estimate and maybe jack it up slightly. To me it depends on how good of an account it will be for you and if its worth your time.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

why would you charge any more just because they called you?
  4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

grateful, much? Since you don't know what your doing you should be grateful you got the call. Bid it honest.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Gas stations and small groceries never look very good in our area and I assume they don't pay very well.
  6. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

I am guessing you can get away with 200-300 a month if you have to do it 4x a month in the summer and every other week in the winter. At least thats how it is here in FL.
  7. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

What does bid honest mean? If he bids high and they accept, that's good enough isn't it? It's whatever the market will bear... and if you bid high and all the other bids are lower you lose...that's not dishonest either, that's just not knowing your marketplace. :laugh:

Sometimes I'll bid 50% higher than it's worth cause I know no one else is bidding... I'll get it and you know what, it allows me to pay myself a bigger bonus. :hammerhead:
  8. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget, in Florida you guys make peanuts compared to the rest of the country...:dizzy:

He's probably able to make more.

9. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah over charge them so they can call someone else :hammerhead: why would you do that? I hope this is not a normal business practice for you.Im sure its not and i hope you keep it that way. Good luck with the bid!!