7.3 Fuel N Collant

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Turf Dawg, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Does the engine or heads need to be removed or can it be done inframe without removal?

I will be taking it to a shop to get done, so if they have to remove the engine I will get the rear main replaced at the same time.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

No need to remove heads. Take valve cover out remove injector and you are at cup. On the rear main oil seal it might not be the rear oil seal they barely go bad. what most of the time what goes bad is your turbo pedestal,or turbo oil seal it leaks also a fix you can do with out removing engine. :waving:

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Thank you, that was the type of info I was looking for.

Now all I need is the downtime and money but I am short on both, especially the money. :laugh:

As a matter of fact I am about to leave and go get my Permagreen out of the shop from getting the engine rebuilt :cry:

Boy when it rains it pours. My wifes Excursion started having trouble with the door locks and key pad Thursday.

4. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

5. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

With the oil leak i agree with the above but i would also check your icp sensor. On my truck it was leaking giving the same effect. Being under warranty at the time i took it in right away so hadn't noticed a performance issue. The other think that I've read is the turbo tubes will fill with oil because of the PCV that get vented to the intake side of turbo.