7.3L powerstroke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerbrad, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

Just cause it is a newer truck doesn't mean it doesn't break down, my buddy's 06 F250 blew his tranny at 90,000kms and it was in the ford dealer for 3 weeks and they wouldn't give him a loaner he had to buy a corgo van because he needs a truck everyday he is a plumber. and another guy I know with his 06 f250 has been in the shop more then mine with injector problems and turbo problems.. and even my neighbors 06 has been in the shop with turbo problems.

2. AtoZ

AtoZ LawnSite Member

That's why you have a warranty and by the way - most reputable/good dealers have loaner vehicles...

3. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

I know they have a warranty but you were saying you buy newer so you don't have any problems, I don't care about buying a new truck i could go buy a new truck right now it's the fact that I don't want to I like my truck it has been good to me.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Im going to disagree with you AtoZ, Theres nothing wrong with a older truck as your primary. Especially if you know its been maintained well. My 2000 is my main truck for the lawn biz. Now i have a 2009 150 for my lighting company, because you have to portray an image with that biz...If not, id have an older truck. I just dont like beating up newer much more expensive vehicles..Ive told you my current trucks, and how theyve been good to me. Not every older truck is going to give you head aches. Now after 250k? Youre probably correct, but still in the 100k's? no...