7 Acre Residential Mower Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mvyvoda, Sep 7, 2009.

1. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

you could buy a good used kubota diesel for 7k with a 60 pro deck

2. mvyvoda

mvyvoda LawnSite Member

thanks for the guidelines for this. i will let you know how it goes.

3. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

I was just going to say the exact same thing

4. mvyvoda

mvyvoda LawnSite Member

i move in three weeks. i am hoping that jd ztrak is still available. how much should i offer for it? $6k?

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

That deere is about an $11,000 machine brand new, so the is $6800 is a good deal as it is. Always try and see if you can get it for less, I highly doubt the seller will go for $6000 but I think you might be able to get him down to maybe $6500, but that would be the best you could probably get it for.

6. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Thats funny stay away from the briggs vanguard engines:hammerhead:

7. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

what type of grass wil you be cutting with the mower? I own a deere, its not every thing that they say. Check out ferris 72 inch deck, with one of the bigger engines. A friend of my lives on 5.5 and he likes the ferris. While my self and my crew were at his house trimming up the bushes for him, he let me drive it it cuts well, good power and 72 deck size makes short work of the yard.

Popping for a 7k mower rite now , not such a good idea. I would look for a repo. Jd credit has been hit very bad this year with people not being able to pay thier bills also some other finc companies have repoed lawn gear. You will just have to look around.

My choice would be 2 different ways , think about getting some one to take care of it for you rite now the business has no bottom and people are cutting each othjers throats to get new business. Then look at the next generation of EXMARK, I know about 4 guys who have dumped jd and other brands to go with that line. Bottom line, you shold be able to write your own deal.

8. mvyvoda

mvyvoda LawnSite Member

interesting. i will also look at ferris. can i get an exmark or ferris for $7,000?

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You might want to do a search on the John Deere 800 series before you jump on one. They had problems with them and a lot of the commercial guys took them back.

10. ixlr8

ixlr8 LawnSite Member