7 acre residential?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wildduck1520, Apr 17, 2006.

1. wildduck1520

wildduck1520 LawnSite Member

Going to bid on 7 acres with average trimming, edging and she wants flower beds kept up(weeds i guess). I think it is fairly open and flat and will be using a 52/25 hustler super mini. Property is close so i want the account but dont want to do it for free, ya know. Am gonna try for a yearly contract but dont know if that should change the price any if they agree. Any opinions on estimate would be greatly appreciated.

2. wildduck1520

wildduck1520 LawnSite Member

anybody, please?

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$275...maybe a little more

4. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't do for less than $450 per mow.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 7 acre residential, but it is a tough mow. Steep!!! in parts with average trimming. $400.00

6. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

with a 52" mower at 7 mph, the mowing time alone is just over 2 hrs...as long as its wide open space. Add the trimming, blower, edging and weed pulling and it's gotta be at least 2 1/2 to 3 times that long.

6-7 hrs at your rate is ????????

7. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Good mow price but without knowing bed sizes I can't help you on weeding

8. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

i have an account and its 2 1/2 acres and a long row of cedar trees with another row of fence and it takes me about 2 hours total and im charging 100.00 and its pasture not nicely landscaped so i would say somewhere around the 300 - 400 range for me most of the time im discounting some for a guaranteed big account like that, its kinda easy money you are there for a while not alot of loading, unloading, driving etc.

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

WOW - Around here, If you bid $210 on commercials that are 6.5 acres, you just as well sell your mowers, because you will have no jobs. Seems that any bid over $25 - $ 30 per acre is filed in #13.

10. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Flex you guys must not be charging that much per hour up there huh ?